Monday, September 4, 2017

About me

Hello everyone, my name is Olivia Brown. I am a secondary math education major with a chemistry minor. I am currently in my final year at Grand Valley and I am teacher assisting at Godwin Heights High School. My goal is to teach high school math after I graduate. I have grown up in the Grand Rapids area and have had some amazing teachers who have inspired me to become a teacher. I love helping students and seeing the "light bulb" go off. I have volunteered in a high school math classroom for five years and became a substitute teacher last year. I am looking forward to this final year at Grand Valley. 

I have taken classes about how to use technology in a math class but have not had many opportunities to actually try them in class. I would like to try using more technology but I also like having more hands on activities so students are not using a computer everyday. 

Something that is important to me or something I like to do other than teaching is that I love decorating cakes. There is a picture below of some Valentines Day cupcakes I made this last year. Decorating cakes is something I like to do when I need to relax and just have some fun.


As a side note, I started this blog last year for one of my classes and use this blog for multiple classes this semester.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Olivia--love the blog layout! (see http://profjonh.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete